Emotional Freedom Techniques
What can you expect from EFT?
A few key points in understanding EFT
- EFT’s founder is Gary Craig. As a personal performance coach he developed the technique as a method to resolve the blocks individuals had to performance success.
- EFT’s discovery statement is ‘The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system’.
- EFT is an energy psychology utilising an emotional form of acupuncture. It was developed from ancient Chinese healing.
- Its focus is the acupuncture points on the meridian lines of the body. In understanding what this means, it is the way in which the energy flows throughout the body, circulating around certain points.
- There are no needles involved and the end points upon the meridian line are tapped with the fingers.
- EFT works very effectively with a number of different issues both physical and emotional it is a gentle approach.
What is EFT all about?
In EFT we use the ends of the meridians to help rebalance the body’s energy system. When we carry around negative emotions they start to show up as physical symptoms in our bodies, ultimately causing us to become unwell. Distressing events cause a disruption to the body’s energy system leading us to feel negative emotions. If we use EFT we can direct kinetic energy (energy which has motion) through the blockages in our energy system removing negative emotion.
The exercise involves tapping on various points around the body and emphasising the problem verbally and descriptively.